Monday, December 8, 2008

Stable at Mystic

Well, stability is my excuse anyway! I launched twice (at 1300 and 1830), the first time bombing out after a desperate 10min struggle, the second flight wasn't as desperate, but not much more successful as I dribbled down the ridge towards the landing paddock - taking one weak bubble off Emily up for a little altitude before succumbing to gravity.

I did feel a bit better (after the first flight) when within 15min of my first landing all the other pilots that took off around that time landed, including three hang-gliders and an ATOS. One paraglider (that I know of) got away, launching 40-50 min before the rest of us, and Ollie also got away on his hang-glider. He scratched below launch for around 40min, aparently, before crossing low to Little Mystic where he eventually got up, headed over to the Kiewa, flew in to Mt Bogong, and then back. But that's Ollie.

No comments: