Friday, September 21, 2007

Getting ready!!

As I figure it, I will be the happy owner of a bran' spakin' new Gradient Aspen2 in just 14 days - Woohoo!!!

Preparation wise, I've nearly finished getting my car ready for a lot of driving - really a 4WD would be best, and I had a serious look at a twin cab Nissan Navara today but it was a little old, needed a little too much work done to it, and was way underpowered.

I'm been using the Garmin while I drive and am getting pretty familiar with it - still have to get some maps sorted out for the iPaq.

The bivouac-ready harness is taking some more doing - I have a bunch of gear that I'd like to take but it's way too much weight and bulk. This'll take some pretty tricky packing and really needs a bunch of gear specially made for ultra light-weight camping.

Tonight I'm mounting my radio mike & speaker in my full face helmet...

It's all coming together...

Bring on next Saturday week and good flying weather, I say! Bring it on!!!!!

No comments: