Tuesday, October 9, 2007

jus' boatin' aroun....

After escaping from the dentist's chair (I'm sure there are plenty of nice dentists around, it's just that I think I'd be happiest if I never had to see any of them ever again..) I headed up to Bright.
Awesome looking day, and at the landing paddock I met Rod O who'd just landed after 4hrs in the air. He was waiting for Roger and Bill B, who had headed over the Tawonga gap to Mt Beauty... However, it was nearly 4pm by the time I got into the air, and it was soon evident that the good climbs were gone and all that was left was bubbles of lift and some strings of bubbles. Hit them right and turn quick enough and you could stay in them for a few hundred meters, but it was clear that I wasn't going anywhere far today. Ahh well, it was good fun, boating around launch with Pete W, Ollie (HG Ollie, practicing being bi-wingal), and Jerome. Pete seemed to stay a hundred meters higher than me most of the time

(very distracting, I'm s'posed to be the one at the top of the stack!) but I was mollified by managing to scratch back up above launch after the others had to land,
and then fly along marcus to the end overlooking the town
before turning for the LP. Pretty smooth conditions mostly.
I landed in the alternate landing paddock - all the bare dirt from the upgrades to the Mystic landing paddock result in tiny little shots of heat hurtling up from it - much easier/safer landing in the grassy paddock over the road!
Doesn't the wing look pretty??!

No comments: