Friday, October 10, 2008

Does it get better than this?

Haven't got time for a long post here, but just wanted to say that TODAY I FLEW OVER MT FEATHERTOP!!!!!!
I've been eye-ing this flight off for over a year now, and to finally do was just indescribable!
It wasn't easy - I got a climb from my first foray onto Bungalow Spur, but couldn't find one when I pushed in further and had to fly back out through some very unwelcome sink. The trees were looking awefully ominous for a minute there, but then I got out of the sink and soon after found another climb and this time it all went smoothly. Got high, transition in further, got another climb, and flew in to Feathertop!
For a few short minutes there I was filled with an incredible sense of possession - I'd beaten the mountain, that sucker was MINE! Yeah!!!!
Awesome views, pics here , will post more later.

No comments: