Saturday, October 11, 2008

Indescribable

Sometimes - very, very rarely - everything just comes together in a way that you hadn't even dreamed it would - ever had that happen?
Well it happened to me today and here's how it went down.
Short version (much more to come) I flew to Mt Feathertop (again!),
...climbed up to over 3,000m, and from there flew across to land at the Hotham ski resort.

I took photos, and a short panorama from above Mt Feathertop...
...but I really doubt that I'll ever be able to communicate the wonder of that flight....
Spectacular... scary.... awesome... incredible....

2 comments:

Fly (ing) Fisher said...

I felt pretty envious watching you from the H'ville LZ. Just stumbled upon this blog as I was searching for hints for flying to Mt P. See you at launch - rest of week looks good.

William Oates said...

Hi Alex - I was trying to get hold of you that evening to make sure you got back from Harrietville but my replacement phone had no numbers on it :)
Don't worry, it'll happen for you sometime - I've bombed out on the spur a few times and watched people fly overhead myself - know how it feels.
Doing my scratching up high was the key that day - that and knowing my bailout heights all the way in.